This course provides students with a comprehensive handgun safety education regardless of level of handgun experience. After passing a short exam, each student will receive a certificate stating the successful completion of the Firearm Safety Course.
This course is appropriate for people who would like to obtain a firearm for self-defense, hunting, or sport purposes. We offer you the opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills from some of the best shooters in the industry. We will develop your skill set by starting with the fundamentals and then transitioning to the more advanced skills. We cover firearms safety rules and how to apply those rules on and off the range, how to properly handle and operate your firearm in the most efficient and safe manner, and how to become a better shooter.
Generally, the course can be broken down into two broad sections:
- The legal norms, rights, and obligations when handling and carrying a firearm;
- Medical preparation and training for applying first aid to people who have sustained firearms-related injuries and wounds;
- The classifications of the different kinds of firearms, the types of ammunition for small arms, safety rules for firearms and ammunition, maintenance and storage of firearms, and basic shooting elements.
- Familiarization with the most popular calibers of guns and ammunition and shooting them from different distances
- Perform exercises aimed at mastering the safe use of the different types of firearms.
Afterwards, students must pass an exam.
- Quality eye and ear protection (we recommend electronic)
- Serviceable/safe handgun (corresponding the USPSA divisions rules) and competition practical shooting equipment (rig, belt, and bag pouches)
- Good athletic shoes that you use in competition (any kind of cleats are recommended but not required)
- Knee pads
- Hat and clothing to suit the weather and the brass. We recommend that high neck shirts be worn.
- To keep your hands more comfortable through the learning process, we recommend that you bring an athletic tape
- Water/electrolyte drinks/snacks to keep up your energy
- A notebook/pen or pencil